SECURING A CONNECTED WORLD
Getting security right in a connected world poses extreme challenges. Different devices, systems, and industries have highly varied needs, and security threats are constantly evolving. VxWorks provides advanced security features to help you build secure devices for today’s threats, and its modularity enables you to be prepared for those that emerge tomorrow. Additionally, you’ll always be on top of the latest security patches with our searchable database linked to MITRE’s list of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures.
VxWorks: Redefining the Role of the RTOS
Find out how VxWorks is empowering embedded developers to be more productive and innovative.
Developing Reliable Medical Devices with Confidence
VxWorks Cert Edition meets regulatory approval for the IEC 62304 standard for the medical sector.
The Power of VxWorks
VxWorks(R) is the market leading RTOS for delivering safe, secure, reliable and deterministic edge computing systems.
IoT Critical Infrastructure Project Checklist
Learn what 4 questions you should consider when designing a safe, secure, and reliable IoT critical infrastructure system.
TÜV Certification for VxWorks
VxWorks is certified to be compliant with ISO 26262 Automotive Safety Integrity Level D (ASIL-D) and IEC 61508 (SIL 3) industrial functional safety.
Get an overview of the VxWorks 7 RTOS networking, security, connectivity, file system, multimedia, security, safety, and tools key features.
The RTOS As the Engine Powering the Internet of Things
Learn why IoT demands a new set of critical characteristics for the RTOS.
Automated to Autonomous
Wind River provides the industry's most proven platforms for autonomous systems.
Wind River in Space
For 20 years, Wind River has provided NASA with the most proven software platform to bring dozens of unmanned systems to space.
Securing Devices in the Internet of Things
Learn five steps for building additional security assurance into embedded devices in today's increasingly interconnected world.
Leveraging Multi-core Platforms for Mixed Criticality Systems
Software in safety critical and mixed criticality systems such as those used in avionics, automotive, and industrial automation is increasing in scale and complexity.
Wind River Aerospace & Defense Solutions
Learn how Wind River helps aerospace and defense customers deliver next-generation intelligent systems.
From introductory to advanced, our collection of videos helps you maximize your VxWorks experience.
Workload Consolidation in the Factory for Industrial Control
Learn how VxWorks with virtualization technology can consolidate the workloads of multiple separate factory systems on a single compute platform with an efficient, cost-saving solution.
A legacy of functional safety
Wind River, the leader in software for complex, connected, safety-critical systems, supports the Arm®, Intel®, and PowerPC® architectures for DO-178C software considerations in airborne systems, IEC 61508 functional safety, and ISO 26262 automotive safety.
VxWorks: The RTOS Foundation for Embedded Innovation in Billions of Devices, Machines, and Systems
VxWorks has been the industry-leading real-time operating systems (RTOS) for building embedded devices and systems for more than 30 years. Its rich functionality, high performance, determinism, low latency, and modern development processes help our customers deploy innovative products while lowering costs and shortening production cycles.
As a deterministic, priority-based preemptive RTOS with low latency and minimal jitter, VxWorks is ideal for hard real-time embedded applications.
VxWorks includes many advanced security features to address the evolving security threats connected devices face at all stages, from boot-up to operation to data transmission to powered off.
Safety features such as time and space partitioning have been leveraged in the certification of VxWorks to DO-178C, IEC 61508, and ISO 26262 safety standards.
Built on an upgradeable, future-proof architecture, VxWorks helps you rapidly respond to changing market requirements, customer needs, and technology advancements, preserving your investment.
VxWorks contains a broad suite of advanced features and protocols that help address a host of specialized needs unique to specific industries.
- Single and multi-core processor support with asymmetric multiprocessing (AMP) and symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) with support for CPU affinity
- Priority-based preemptive/adaptive scheduling
- Time and space partitioning
- Separation between kernel and memory-protected user-space environments
- POSIX Conformant
- Kernel scalability, modularity, and performance tuning
- State-of-the-art memory protection and memory management
- Virtualization ready with virtio support
- Multi-OS messaging
- Arm, Power, Intel and RISC-V architecture and board support
Support for Modern Development Languages, Frameworks, and Infrastructures
- C11, C++14, and C++17
- dosFS (FAT-compatible)
- Highly reliable file system (HRFS)
- General purpose and real-time IPv4/IPv6 network stack
- Time sensitive networking (TSN)
- IEEE 1394
- Socket Controller Area Network (SocketCAN)
- USB (host, target, and OTG)
- OpenVG, OpenGL ES1, and OpenGL ES2
- Image library (JPEG and PNG)
- Input device support (mouse, touch, screen, keyboard, etc)
- PCM Audio
- Secure boot, ELF loader, and storage
- Kernel hardening
- Security events
- Built-in access controls
- Advanced user management
- Arm TrustZone with OP-TEE support
- TPM 2.0 support
- Network security protocols
- GE Digital® Achilles Level II certified for compliance with IEC 62443 part 4-2
- Safety certifications for DO-178C, IEC 61508, IEC 62304, and ISO 26262
WIND RIVER MARKETPLACE
Extend the Functionality of VxWorks
Find, download, and test-drive software that helps you speed production and create innovative products more efficiently. These best-in-class software packages from our trusted partners are tested and validated for seamless interoperability with VxWorks.
Board Support Packages
Wind River offers the most extensive range of BSPs in the embedded software industry. Our close relationships with silicon vendors and hardware manufacturers help us create ready-to-use BSPs to streamline your development efforts.
Build in Quality, Efficiency, and High Performance with Our Modern Application Development Tools
For nearly 40 years Wind River has been creating, supporting, and integrating best-in-class tools for embedded software application development. Application developers from the world’s leading manufacturers and integrators use our modern tools portfolio to build higher quality, more efficient, and faster edge computing solutions for their critical infrastructure.
- Wind River Workbench is an Eclipse-based integrated development environment for monitoring and analyzing code. It enables early detection of defects to increase the overall quality and reliability of your products.
- VxWorks compilers and frameworks help application developers create efficient, portable applications using modern C11 and C++14 programming language standards, updated LLVM compiler technology, and modular, cross-platform libraries such as Boost.
- Wind River Simics ® simulates systems, from the smallest to the most complex, so our customers can adopt new development techniques that are simply not possible with physical hardware. Simics allows teams to move faster and improve quality, bringing Agile practices easily to embedded software development.